SEE FORWARD MINISTRIES JOB ANNOUNCEMENT Announcement number: SFM 23-1
Position title: English Language Training Instructor Employment
type: Part Time Contract Estimated
start date: As soon as possible
Remuneration: Hourly Rate $30.00
Work hours: Approximately 20 Hours Per Week
Workstation: On site
Reports to: Program Manager
Closing date: 30 September 2023
See Forward Ministries is a 501c3 nonprofit organization, which was founded in 2017 and it exists to help African refugees and immigrants who have been settled in Louisville with learning, living and leading a health spiritual, emotional intellectual, physical and social balanced life by engaging that community through different programs and projects.
Are you passionate about helping new immigrants successfully integrate into their new home and workplace? Do you possess a strong command of the English language and have a knack for teaching? If so, See Forward Ministries is looking to hire a part time English Language Training Instructor to join our team and empower immigrants to develop the necessary language and communication skills to manage their daily lives and excel in their work environments, The position will undertake the following responsibilities (include but are not limited to): Responsibilities:
1. Assessment and Curriculum Development:
• Conduct initial language assessments to determine learners' proficiency levels.
• Develop customized English language training curriculum tailored to learners' needs, including life skills and workplace communication.
2. Instruction and Facilitation:
• Deliver engaging and interactive English language lessons that focus on reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills.
• Provide guidance on cultural nuances, social norms, and etiquette to ease immigrants' integration.
3. Individualized Support:
• Offer one-on-one tutoring sessions to address specific learner challenges and accelerate their language acquisition. See Forward Ministries 2817 Hikes Lane Louisville, KY 40218 | (502)-742-2967 Announcement number: SFM 23-1
• Monitor and track individual progress, adapting instruction as needed.
4. Cultural Competency:
• Foster cultural awareness and sensitivity among learners to help them navigate their new surroundings effectively.
5. Technology Integration:
• Utilize technology and digital resources to enhance the learning experience, including language learning apps, online platforms, and multimedia resources.
6. Assessment and Feedback:
• Conduct regular assessments and progress evaluations to measure learners' language development.
• Provide constructive feedback to learners and assist them in setting achievable language proficiency goals.
7. Collaboration and Reporting:
• Collaborate with other instructors and staff to create a supportive learning environment.
• Maintain accurate records of attendance, assessments, and learner progress.
8. Counseling and Referral:
• Offer guidance on available community resources, social services, and employment opportunities.
• Make appropriate referrals to support learners' overall integration and well-being. Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in English, Education, Linguistics, or a related field.
• Teaching certification (TESOL, TEFL, CELTA, or equivalent) preferred.
• Proficiency in English, including excellent communication and writing skills.
• Knowledge of Swahili and/or Kinyawanda languages is an advantage.
• Previous experience in ESL or EFL instruction, particularly with adult learners or immigrants.
• Strong cultural competency and sensitivity to the needs of diverse immigrant populations.
• Ability to create engaging, culturally relevant, and effective learning materials.
• Patience, empathy, and a genuine passion for helping others succeed.
• Knowledge of relevant technology and digital tools for language instruction such as CASA, ELLII and Burlington…etc.
All SFM staff members must abide by and demonstrate firm belief in SFM Mission & Vision:
See Forward Ministries exists to help refugees and immigrants with learning, living, and leading a healthy spiritual, emotional, intellectual, physical, and socially balanced life.
See Forward Ministries is a bridge whereby US Citizens will intentionally meet to learn about other cultures and be given a platform to support and guide refugees and immigrants as they thrive toward reaching their God's granted highest potential. How to apply:
Please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the Announcement number: SFM 23-1 in the title of your email.
See Forward Ministries is an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants. We encourage candidates from diverse backgrounds to Join us in making a positive impact on the lives of new immigrants and helping them achieve success in their new home!